Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), MA, USA
L'Oréal-UNESCO Postdoctoral Fellow
Department of Mechanical Engineering.
Research: The development of an innovative triborheometry fixture/design to study the frictional of solid-liquid systems
Advisor: Prof. Gareth H. Mckinley
University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK 2009
PhD, Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology
Thesis: The development of microcapillary films and microcapillary monolith structures to produce controlled capillary diameters and voidage.
Advisor: Prof. Malcolm R. Mackley
University of California, CA, USA 2005
MS, Chemical and Environmental Engineering
Thesis: High-silica-zeolite BEA Spin-on Low-k Dielectric Films for Future Generation Computer Chips
Advisor: Prof. Yushan Yan
National Polytechnic Institute, Mexico City, Mexico 2000
BS, Chemical Engineering
Thesis: Fabrication of Acrylic Sheets with High Impact Resistance GPA: 9.54 out of 10.00; Graduated: with Honors
HONORS AND AWARDS
• National Research System / SNI level 1 (2018-2021)
• National Research System / SNI level 1 (2015-2017)
• National Research System / SNI level 1 (2011-2013)
• Keynote Lecture, Annual Meeting of the Polymer Processing Society (2008)
• Institute of Physics (IOP) Research Student Conference Fund (2008)
• Royal Academic of Engineering International Travel Grant Award (2008)
• British Society of Rheology travel grant (2008)
• Highly commended in the Sellafield Ltd Award for Engineering Excellence-IChemE awards (2007)
• Cambridge Philosophical Society Travel Grant (2006 and 2008)
• Robinson College Graduate Student Grant (2006)
• Teaching consortium Travel Bursary 2006 and 2008 (Aker Kvaerner, Arthur D Little UK Ltd, AstraZeneca, BP, British Sugar, Cadbury Schweppes, ExxonMobil, GlaxoSmithKline, KraftFoods, Merck, Procter and Gamble, Shell)
• SEP fellowship (2006-2007)
• UC-MEXUS fellowship (2005)
• UC fellowship award (2003-2005)
• UC Teacher Assistantship Award (2004)
• Graduated with honors (BS top 1% of the class)
• Honorific mention in the BS Thesis
• GIRSA Fellow
• Telmex Scholarship
• IPN Academic Excellence Scholarship
MIT Mechanical Engineering Department, Visiting Scholar 2019 (July), Cambridge Massachusetts, USA.
MIT Mechanical Engineering Department, Visiting Scholar 2017 (July), Cambridge Massachusetts, USA.
CINVESTAV Chemistry Department, Theoretical and Computational Chemistry, Visiting Professor 2014, Mexico City, Mexico.
C INVESTAV Querétaro, Materials Science and Engineering, 2014, Querétaro, Mexico.
Ecole Centrale de Nantes, Computational Mechanics, 2008, Nantes France
Procter & Gamble (P&G) Research and Development (R&D) European Ph.D. Seminar 2007, P&G Rusham Park Technical Centre, Egham, Surrey, UK.
CREATE Marie Curie training course Fellowship, "From creativity to innovation". 2007, Udine, Italy. (Declined)
112th International Summer Course BASF Aktiengesellschaft, 2006, BASF Aktiengesellschaft, Ludwigshafen, German
• British Society of Rheology (BSR)
• American Chemical Society (ACS)
• Society of Chemical Industry (SCI)
• Semiconductor Research Corporation (SCR)
• Cambridge Philosophical Society
• Cambridge Society for the Appreciation of Research (CSAR)
• Member of the Institute of Physics (IOP)
• MIT Energy Club
• MIT Society of Women Engineers
Scientific Review Activities
• Referee for Research Project Grants, CONACyT
• Referee for Research infraestructure Fund, CONACyT